What to Look for When Buying a Scottsdale AZ Real Estate
Scottsdale is a great place to spend your life. From high-end shopping malls and great golf courts to resort-like amenities and sunshine that draws snowbirds from all over – this is the ideal location for the quality-conscious home buyer. If you are considering buying Scottsdale homes, here are some important pointers to consider.
Choose The Right Environment
There are quite a few communities that coexist in Scottsdale – each with different lifestyles. If golfing is your cup of tea, pick communities that exude a country club feel. If you love shopping, you’ll probably want to buy a home that is near the plush shopping malls and avenues for easy access. Whichever way of life you fancy, Scottsdale AZ's Real Estate is ready to accommodate your needs. Just keep researching until you find a community that’s a good fit.
Come Up with a List Of What You Want (and What You Don’t)
It is always better to compile a list of must-have features. For instance, think about the number of bedrooms you would like your house to have. You may also need a specific number of garages or decks. Also list a few features that you DO NOT want like a home located in a congested area, a certain type of architecture, or a home located next to a highway.
Once you have this list, go ahead and refine your search. Keep in mind that even home buyers with an unlimited budget rarely find the perfect home.
Low Crime Rates And Good Schools
The good thing is that Scottsdale is a prime area – with adequate security and good schools for your children. Even then, if you are very specific about either, look for homes in locations that are above the standard.
Buying Scottsdale homes is easily one of the best choices you will ever make. That being said, it is important to thoroughly do your research before making a final decision.
Posted on: Tuesday 20th of January 2015
Written by: Curtis Johnson
Recent Blog Posts
- Slaying Home Buying Myths [INFOGRAPHIC] -
- Tax Return Depressing? Owning a Home Could Help -
- Measuring Your Ability to Achieve the American Dream -
- US Housing Market Continues the Move into 'Buy Territory'! -
- Thinking of Selling? Now Is the Time to Act -
- Is Your First Home Within Your Grasp? [INFOGRAPHIC] -
- Home Mortgages: Rates Up, Requirements Easing -
- Millennials Flock to Low Down Payment Programs -
- Careful... Don't Get Caught in the Rental Trap! -
- The Importance of Using a Professional to Sell Your Home -
- The 'REAL' News about Housing Affordability -
- Buying this Spring? Be Prepared for Bidding Wars -
- 15,014 Homes Sold Yesterday... Did Yours? -
- Again... You Do Not Need 20% Down to Buy NOW! -
- Consumer Confidence in Economy & Housing is Soaring -
- Looking to Move-Up to a Luxury Home? Now's the Time! -
- Millionaire to Millennials: Buy Now! -
- Renting or Buying‚Ä¶ Either Way You‚Äôre Paying a Mortgage -
- It's a Seller's Market! Should I Downsize Now? -
- 4 Great Reasons to Buy This Spring! -
- Mortgage Interest Rates Went Up Again - Should I Wait to Buy? -
- Spring Forward: The Difference An Hour Makes [INFOGRAPHIC] -
- Builder Confidence Hits 11-Year High -
- Housing Market Expected to "Spring Forward" -
- Thinking of Selling? Do it TODAY!! -
- The Connection Between Home Prices & Family Wealth -
- Where Did Americans Move in 2016? -
- Mortgage Rates Impact on 2017 Home Values -
- Over Half of All Buyers Are Surprised by Closing Costs -
- How Long Do Most Families Stay in Their Home? -
- Where Are the Home Prices Heading in the Next 5 Years? -
- Existing Home Sales Reach Highest Mark Since 2007 [INFOGRAPHIC] -
- The Impact of Homeownership on Family Health -
- Are You 1 of the 59 Million Planning to Buy This Year? -
- Access: A Key Component in Getting Your House SOLD! -
- US Housing Market Is Moving into 'Buy Territory'! -
- Listing in the Winter Attracts More Serious Buyers -
- The Impact of Homeownership on Civic Involvement -
- The Great News About Rising Prices for Homeowners -
- First Comes Love, Then Comes Mortgage? -
- 3 Questions to Ask If You Want to Buy Your Dream Home -
- 5 Reasons to Love Using a Real Estate Professional -
- The Impact of Homeownership on Educational Achievement -
- Buyers Are Searching For Your House -
- Homeownership Offers Stability & Wealth Creation -
- Should I Consider Price Reduced Homes? -
- What to Consider When Buying Your Second Home -
- Do Open Houses Help Buyers? -
- Pool Maintenance in Arizona -
- Buying A Home With A Pool in Arizona -
- Nightlife in Phoenix -
- Home Maintenance in Arizona -
- 5 Things You Should Know About Phoenix Before You Move Here -
- What Will a Realtor Really Do For Me? -
- 7 Reasons HOA Properties May Not Be For You -
- 4 Reasons HOA Properties Are A Good Idea -
- How to Spot An Over-Priced Home -
- 5 Places in Arizona for Home Buyers with Kids -
- Finding Better Home Deals -
- Emotional Mistakes Home Buyers Make -
- 4 Real Estate Myths that Hurt Sellers -
- 5 Things All Real Estate Investment Buyers Should Do -
- Costs of Owning a Home -
- What NOT to Do When Staging for an Open House -
- 4 Reasons You Should Get Pre-Approved For a Home Loan -
- Gilbert Neighborhood Wins!! - Gilbert Neighborhood Wins $50K for Christmas light show Battle
- Happy Thanksgiving!! - Ways to save energy over this Holiday Weekend
- HUD Announces changes to FHA Condo Pricing - Read the story below for the latest changes to the FHA Policy regarding FHA financing for Condos. Truly good news for homeowners, especially 1st time home buyers.
- Arizona Haunted Getaways and Day Trips - What to see and Where to see it if you want a good "scare".
- 3880 S Peden Drive Chandler, AZ 85248 - Open House October 31, 2015 10a-3p
- What Phoenix Families Do On the Weekend - Phoenix is one of the most family-friendly states in the US and there is always something here to do on weekends and holidays.
- Great Places to Eat in Scottsdale - Scottsdale AZ is paradise for food lovers. Check out some of the best places here to begin your gastronomical adventures.
- How an Open House Will Help to Sell Your Tempe Home - If you've decided to sell your Tempe home, an open house could help you find a buyer faster.
- The Home Buying Process in Arizona - Buying a home is not as straightforward as buying chocolate. There are several steps involved along the way and it may be awhile before the keys are handed over to you.
- Chandler Home Staging Ideas that Get Results - Staging your home will attract more buyers and help you sell your home faster. Here are some useful tips to get you started.
- How To Market Your Phoenix Property to the Technologically-savvy Home Buyer - Buyers today start their home search online. Market your home through technology and it will sell faster.
- What to Look for When Buying a Scottsdale AZ Real Estate - Scottsdale AZ's Real Estate is ready to accommodate your needs. Just keep researching until you find a community thatís a good fit.
- Cool Things to Do in Phoenix - Whether you're looking to buy a home here or just pay a visit, Phoenix will bowl you over with all it has to offer.
- Tips for Selling Your Chandler Home - Have a home in Chandler, AZ that you're hoping to sell quickly? Here is an overview of the things you should look into to make that happen.
- Phoenix Area Real Estate - Phoenix, AZ has some of the most beautiful homes in the world. That's just one of the many reasons that you should seriously consider buying real estate in this city.
- Life in Gilbert - Thinking of moving to Gilbert, Arizona and wondering what life here holds in store for you? Let me give you a quick peek.
- Will Waiting a Year to Buy Cost You $10,000...or $100,000? - Prices and interest rates are expected to rise in the next 18 months, vastly increasing the amount paid over the life of a 30 year loan.
- FannieMae Says, Hire an Agent - Fannie Mae Says, Hire an Agent
- 20 Reasons Why Arizona Might Be The Best State To Retire In - Arizona Real Estate
- Phoenix, 2014 Real Estate Outlook, prepared by Michael Orr from the Cromford Report - Local Real Estate Report from the WP Carey School of Business
- Mortgage Rates Fall for 6th Straight Week - "Mortgage rates fell further this week following the release of weaker housing data,"
- 2014 could provide the answer - Has the phoenix housing market finally balanced out? 2014 could provide the answer
- Retiring to Arizona - As baby boomers retire, they will add to the households in Arizona. I am committed to making a positive difference for them.
- Is It Time To Buy ? - Time To Buy In Arizona
- Interest Rates Projected to Increase Half of a Percent (.05), How Much More Will You Pay ? - The mortgage Bankers AssociationFannie Mae and the National Association of Realtors have all projected that the 30-year mortgage rate will be at least 4% by the end of 2013
- Cash Is Still King - Curtis Johnson Realty\'s 47 Step Home Discovery & Acquisition Method helps avoid one of the most common pitfall of many Buyers in today\'s market.
- Gen Y/Millennials Starting to Step Up - With many Generation Y / Millennials starting to get to an age where they can make their mark on the Real Estate Industry, it appears their ready to do just that.
- Three Reason to Sell Your House Today! - Three Reasons to Sell Your House
- April 1st, HUD changes Mortgage Insurance Premiums And Increases The Annual Premium - Review of changes to Mortgage Insurance Premiums
- \"Buyers, Get an Edge During the Busy Spring Season\" - The most important way to stay ahead of the game is to come prepared and ready for anything, especially on the chance to make an offer if a home is found. That is what Curtis Johnson Realty does for their Buyers.
- Luxury home tour returns to Gilbert Arizona! - Street of Dreams luxury home tours returns to Arizona
- Arizona 1 of the 10 Best States for Taxes on the Wealthy - Arizona may be a great mix for a perfect storm where you can buy a home at a great price AND limit your income tax exposure!
- SELLER PROPERTY DISCLOSURES - The seller property disclosures benefit the seller and the buyer. Some sellers do not understand the benefit nor their requirements the SPDS help accomplish.
- Gilbert Art Walk - Gilbert Art Walk
- How having the right agent can make you more money in your pocket when you sell - How having the right agent can make you more money in your pocket when you sell.
- New Home Build and working with Agents - When looking to buy a new home build there are a lot of things to consider. I had a buyer ask me several questions that I\'ve shared in this post.
- The real estate storm has passed, now what? - Arizona real estate has gone through it\'s ups and downs. What is the next step?
- Prices On The Rise - Next year prices will probably be higher!
- Is the Holidays a Good Time to Buy? - Many people feel their too busy to buy during the Holiday Season. But, you can get Holiday Season discounts in the Real Estate Market too!
- Pending Home Sales Numbers for 2012 - Recent news shows us that Pending home sales for 2012 have been better than in 2011
- Gilbert & Mesa Homes: Now is the best time of the year to buy... - If you rent, you need to buy now. If you are thinking of selling your current home and buying another, NOW is the time to make the move! Here\'s why:
- New Contruction Already Behind Current Demand - Shrinking Supply of Distressed Homes Makes Room for Homebuilding
- Banks New Scheme - The banks are increasing pricing, but you\'ll shriek when you find out what they are basing the increase off of.
- 5 Reasons to Buy a Home Now - Why you should look at Buying a New Home Today in Arizona!
- Arizona State and Pac-12 have strong weekend in football - The 2nd week of college football featured some great matchups.
- Are the Olympics as big a deal in your house as they\'ve been in mine? - Many more younger viewers are watching this year\'s Olympics.
- Metro Phoenix home prices continue rise - Metro Phoenix home prices continued to rapidly climb in May.
- Will rising home price trend in Phoenix continue? - Prices are rising and many wonder what the future holds. We all want to see what the crystal ball is telling us.
- Gas Prices Dropping In Time For Summer Vacations - Gas Prices Dropping In Time For Summer Vacations
- Photography Importance - Lifestyle photography
- Home prices in Phoenix area up 20 percent in past 12 months - Real Estate
- Phoenix Real Estate - prices are headed up and this is no April Fools joke! - Not an April Fools joke!
- Not Trading Steve Nash cost the Suns future - Phoenix Suns future
- Real Estate News - Below is some info I thought you all might find interesting.
- Sunridge Canyon Golf Club - Scottsdale Golf
- From KCM Blog - Rents Rising as Rental Availability Shrinks - I reviewed this Blog the other day and it really spoke to what is happening in the Phoenix Area right now!
Winston Burbage - 1
Julian Tatka - 1
James Wilson - 7
Ben Eberhard - 1
Rob Hale - 3
Justin Dols - 9
Keith Rohde - 1
Brandon Switzer - 4
Cindy Killeffer - 1
Shaun Marshall - 1
Ken Hendershot - 2
Patrick Moir - 1
Vickie Koernig - 1
Frank McKinley - 3
Stephen Thiele - 2
Lisa Felice - 5
Quick Popular Searches
Chandler Area Homes
Fountain Hills Just Listed Homes
Phoenix New Homes
Mesa Price Reduced Homes
Phoenix Short Sales
Chandler Just Listed Homes
Maricopa Homes Under $300,000
Paradise Valley Single Family Homes
Gilbert Price Reduced Homes
No Complaints 5 Star
Sold Or I Buy It
Curtis Johnson Realtys 89 Step No Risk Home Sale System
Curtis Johnson Realtys 89 Step No Risk Home Sale System - Full System
Curtis Johnson Realty Buyer System - 47 Step Home Discovery And Acquisition Method - Agent Online Presentation
Curtis Johnson Realtys 89 Step No Risk Home Sale System - Agent Online Presentation
Barbara Corcoran ABC
3DHomesAZ - 3D Tours